Thursday, November 04, 2010

Stay at home husband life has begun

Clearly been too long since i have had a spare minute to do anything other than take in a deep breath. Since the babies came home it seems the entire house has been turned upside down and I am thinking to myself, was it this crazy with Avery. It could have been, but I think having twice as many diapers to change, and twice as many mouths to feed is adding up to more than we ever expected. But as a Father to three of the worlds most amazing and beautiful children, I would not trade it for anything. Part of my motivation to be a stay at home dad in the first place.

My co-workers may not have understood fully what quitting was really meaning to me. I tried to explain even if it meant our budget belt would tighten a bit, I had to do what I had to do. Years ago a teacher had me and some other students draw the kind of car which portrayed who we were. While other kids my age were drawing sports cars, i drew a mini-van. I knew family had to come first, it always had and always will in my mind and life. So last Friday when i finished out my last day of two and a half years of material handling service, I was at total peace. It helped the Lord already had my night and weekend job ready.

Doughnuts were brought in by me for my last day. I had to bring them since I had been eating everyone elses generosity for two years. I hope they all appreacited how much I appreaciated them.... at least most of them. Either way. I did before i left have a nice sit down chat with the CEO which was both educational and encouraging. His best advice for me on being successful in life is to find a problem and then become part of the solution.

For this past week Holly and I have been trying to get into a set routine on baby raising, along wiht rushing Avery to and from school. The week is hardly over and it feels like its been pretty good. The only hard part is my part time job which does take away two hard working hands when babies need to be held. We are pushing ahead for the Lord is with us. He is guiding every step. Our three darling children are proving to teach us something new every day. Thankful and wonderfully blessed we are.

No comments: