Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Guiding down the river



Finishing up another semester with straight A’s makes me feel extremely elated and proud of myself. I do owe all praise and glory to God for helping me through the semester and my family for always being my support system. I must say my school and classmates really have become like family as well and we are all wading these educational waters together. After so long I am embarking on the final leg of my college journey and approaching the wide open ocean of opportunity. It seems like so far it has been a long treacherous journey down a rapid river and I can see the final leg at last.

This previous semester gave me a lot of new insights into teaching and allowed me seventy hours of student training under a mentor teacher in practicum. I also had ten more hours in reading diagnosis tutoring a fifth graders. My other two classes were Educational psychology and Social studies Methods which were very informative and helpful. Now next semester in the spring I have twelve weeks of student teaching to complete. I am excited and ready to get out there, make contacts, gain knowledge, and practice everything we have all been working toward so far.


My darling bride has been stuck at home for several weeks now getting over pneumonia in both lungs. She is understandably ready to get back to work hopefully soon and ready to regain strength and energy. I however have had the best Christmas present just being able to spend so much time with her, even though she has been sick.

Our oldest is doing wonderfully in third grade and is at the top of her class. The twins are growing too fast as well and I can hardly believe it watching how much they have grown. Every day is something new with my children. They are always teaching me as much as I am trying to teach them. I look forward to the coming Christmas season as we are in the middle of it now. I am eager to see all that is in store for our family. Trusting God to walk us through every step and guide us down the river of life. 

No comments: