Thursday, May 12, 2016

Searching for a teaching job.

As a father of three children under ten, I have a lot of personal experience with the growth and education of young children. It has been a goal of mine since grade school to become an elementary school teacher so I could inspire the upcoming generation in the same way my teachers had before me. I have always strongly believed education is a lifelong journey and the quest for knowledge is one of the greatest adventures life has to offer.

From California I obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Biblical studies before moving to Oklahoma to get married and start a family. I have worked several places along the way and volunteered in multiple children’s ministry departments. I have also substituted in classrooms ranging from first grade to high school seniors. Six years ago I switched to being a stay at home dad and went back to school to finish my teaching degree. I obtained an associates at Oklahoma Wesleyan in early childhood education.

The past three years I have been studying at RSU and Cameron University to further advance my education degree. In May I graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Elementary Education and am certified to teach elementary grades 1-8. During my course of study, I worked as a student teacher at Inola Elementary with fourth grade and at Verdigris Elementary with second grade. I have also worked with students at various schools helping them with their math and reading skills.

There are so many ways in which teachers can make a difference in the lives of their students. My ways include: helping build self-confidence, focusing on the developments of communication techniques, exposing each student to the latest developments of technology, and assuring each student that he/she is wanted, respected and valued in my classroom.

Years of experience with children and with technology has shown me how well the two can work together. Children quickly respond to interactive and enjoyable activities. I have always had a vivid imagination and creativity. I look forward to using that creativity in the classroom and helping students to find a love for learning which will be ever growing. I appreciate your consideration of my resume and would welcome an opportunity to visit with you further about a teaching position.

Respectfully submitted,


David Bowlby

No comments: