Thursday, May 03, 2007

Day of Prayer vs Father's Day

I always find this day kind of amusing, as if first the rest of the non Christian world is going to pay attention to this day and care. Secondly we are supposed to pray every day since that would be how we maintain relationship with our Lord. Actually if I had to compare it to a non-religious holiday I would have to say it is a lot like valentines day. 

One day out of the year in February all the people in a close relationship with a person they love dearly spends all they can to show that love. Same thing happens on Mother's day, or Father's day to really. We take just one day out of the year to tell one person how we feel about them. Maybe that is what we do on the Day of Prayer then. We tell our Lord how we are and how we feel. 

As a new father, I for one would like my daughter to treat just about every day like fathers day. Or at least give me some sign of her love. I think that the Lord would like that as well for every day of our lives. I am not trying to pick on the Day of prayer, I think it is a good time for us to focus in on our Lord and on National prayer. But it is also a good time for me to realize how much more I need to spend every day in prayer. Anyway those are just my thoughts for the day. Please keep on praying and never cease. 

David

No comments: