Sunday, April 25, 2010

Going on 17 weeks pregnant now, heading toward 18. Our lives are surrounded by all the various books on having babies, National Geographic shows on having twins, and advice left and right. Seems like we should already know most of this stuff, but looks like its been a long time in the last four years to forget. Babies are a lot of fun and a whole lot of work. For now mostly we are concentrating on eating as much as we can. And i do say we. I have lost of lot of weight from the first few months of this pregnancy. Its hard to eat when you are worried about your wife's health and the babies. Now we are in middle looking toward hopefully a healthy August delivery.

Avery is pretty wild as most three year olds are. She goes from being helpful to cranky too quickly. She does enjoy listening to the heartbeats of Erin and Kenny through the baby dopplar. Recently i have discovered more and more baby stuff is appearing from nowhere. Example is this tiny elehpant toy which liks to sing and talk. Not sure where he came from, but Avery used to have him in her crib when she was tiny. She would just sit there and roll the little ball which made it sing.

Not sure what the status of school is curently. Apprently my parents are unable to help me for this time. So maybe its God's way of saying its time for me to focus on something else. It has been for a while. I complain a lot about not having a door of opportunity into ministry. Well He has given me one. It is at Hope Chapel Foursquare. We have not attended there since Avery was born, or at least a few months after. The Pastor and I are good friends though and they need help with the Childrens ministry department. To deny myself helping, i would be denying God's calling me to it and would be a hyprocrite since its something i have asked Him for. So lets see how this goes.

At least this week will be short. After three days of work I am heading to a Men's retreat. A much needed gathering in New Mexico, to get away from the real life and enjoy some life. More on that later. I am being called to the bathroom where my darling Avery is needing some help.
Later...

No comments: