Saturday, January 01, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Fifteen minutes is all it would take to enter into the blogosphere and relate the daily events. A few moments of my day, of my week, of my month, time goes so fast it feels as if each day is a bandaid being ripped from my life. One moment its there, the next you are staring wide eyed into a new year. Hardly believe my own lack of posts in the past month, December was pretty full, but then the hardest things in life rarely find themselves time to be written.

Forget not the wisdom of the ages, of those who have passed. Remember the great things, the memories you share, the kindness the honesty the true. Good. Holly’s grandfather passed away this morning of the 18th of December. We knew the time was coming, yet all too soon and we miss him now. This past summer seemed like such a major struggle for us while Holly was on bedrest, we had to take Avery out of Daycare since we simply could not afford the expense.

Holly’s stepmom and her Granny helped so graciously during those months. I am thankful now even in the midst of the struggles we were having, Avery was getting precious memories with her grandfather before he passed. Jesus knew. Jesus always knows and plans everything even the most painful things to bring good.

We thank the Lord for His blessings, even though they were difficult to overcome… and still are. Each new day as they say… begin each new day with the praise of the Lord on your lips. Even every new year. I know now in the quiet of the living room with the twins sleeping and Avery perched on my shoulder, it’s the beginning of the day we should be giving to the Lord. For in those moments before the chaos of the day, He speaks and we can hear. Now after the long first day of 2011 all I can think on is how many things I could have done differently, how I could have responded better to those around me clamoring for my attention. Some drawing irritation, some causing desperation, each and every one seemingly to test every new years resolution I may have started.

My car radio blessed me this morning as I headed off to work. Brandon Heath was singing, “Hes no finished with me yet!” Perfect song for a new year, for a realization struggles would remain, but the Lord would remain even stronger. I cannot sum up the month of December any more than I could the whole year. My dad came in for a few weeks, followed by my sister, both very helpful and much missed now. As we approach the new year, even as we approach the end of day one, we can be thankful the Lord has blessed each new morning with mercy for the day ahead. So blessed are we for a God who renews us, and loves us still despite our qualifications.

No comments: