Saturday, February 17, 2007

Avery’s Vacation diary

Day One

I made sure to wake mommy and daddy up as early as possible this morning as I was not about to let them miss my trip to see Aunt Diane and the rest of the family. Soon as I make a cry for food, they come running and I know we are off to a good start. It is only 4:30am anyway. Daddy made sure he got all of my beautiful pictures onto discs to show off. He loves to take those shots and I enjoy being my cute self for each of them. Could you believe I have my own suitcase all to myself?

Finally we made it to the car in about 10 and headed off to the airport. It was my first big plane trip since I left that wonderfully comfortable place my mommy had for me for nine months. The guy at the counter took my car seat and it disappeared through a hole in the wall. I didn’t know if he was going to put me through there or not, but I was glad when mommy grabbed hold of me and we headed up the stairs. So many faces and people, it was amazing.

One thing I can say about flying is they sure make it comfy for baby. I got my daddy’s lap to sleep on while he sipped from his shiny blue can. There were ladies walking by every few minutes to admire how beautiful and cute I am. They even put a blanket down in the back of the plane when it was time for my diaper change. What a day!

How wonderful the air is here, away from all that frost and chill. Aunt Diane is as sweet as ever, she loves to make me smile. Every time I see her, all I can do is anticipate her making faces and picking me up. We had nice accommodations at her home and saw the classroom where she talks about me and shows off my pictures on her desktop. I slept pretty good that night.

Day Two

Woke up with some a sneezy, runny nose and cough. Maybe the weather out here isn’t perfect but at least I got my family. They took me to see some of the largest trees I have ever seen. A forest. What an amazing sight. Then there was this large bathtub that was moving. The people rode on these little boards and let the water carry them into the rocks. Not sure why, but it looked fun. Daddy called it the ocean and seemed really happy to see it. After that we drove, and drove, and drove for what seemed like the entire day. I saw a lot of desert. Finally there was my family, my aunt Laurie, Uncle Jason and grandma and grandpa all ready to see me. There was another family member with her tongue out with drool, they call her the doggy. It was a long day so I checked in for the night.