Saturday, January 10, 2009

Already off to a busy start for the new year, hard to believe its almost the end of the first decade of this century! We hardly began, which is funny since Hol and i also started dating in Aug 2000, so for it to be 2009 makes it really seem like time has flown. But that is the nature of life.

So with the new year and excitment there is also the overwelming task of saving and making it through a difficult ecomomy currently plauging the world. I have made my new years resolutions, or more or less desires for the new year. Hard to believe the first month is already almost up. My goals and hopes are set though on getting a new house and a new baby on the way by this time next year. I know it sounds crazy, even more so with the straps the world is in right now. But the last thing i want to do in a time like this is allow it to keep me from living life and enjoying what the Lord has in store. So we need to keep in prayer for both of these desires.

Avery continues to come up with new words and strengthen her vocabulary. For example she can repeat pretty basic words and point things out, flowers, train, moon (she loves the moon). She also knows who mommy and daddy are as well as knows us by Holly and David too if we ask her to point us out. She can say Diane, Laurie, Cole, Haye, Beth, for her five aunts. She also is working on her last name which is coming along. She understands more than she can say of course, though she is a wise and wild child, still very much a toddler. I think she really could use a sibling! So could mommy and daddy. And a nap too, which is what both my girls are doing now.

We bought a treadmill and Wii for Christmas and have been enjoying those greatly. Its nice to go for a stroll from the comfort of my own guest room, not having to worry about the weather or any other distraction, just listen to the quite music and enjoy. And of course I am also enjoying the game system in between doing school work. Right now I am working on my math courses, so there is a lot of catching up and remembering to do with that. Its been a while!

I got done watching You've Got Mail for the hundreth or so time, I love that movie. It really just captures the whole excitment me and Holly felt when we were doing the whole net chatting and emailing thing so long ago. Times have changed so much though, i hate to even think about letting my own daugther online. Its just not the same world it was ten years ago. Ten years ago this November is when she first emailed me. I read that email every year, makes me smile and be so thankful God brought us together.
Okay enough of that i need some ice cream!!

No comments: