Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Psalm 16:1-11

I hope all is well with you my friend. It is so much fun to see our little girl walking around the house now, giggling as she goes. Of course she still crawls a little, but she is getting used to being on her legs more. God's so amazing. Thank you for your prayers.

David

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 16:1-11

    Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.
    I said to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
    I have no good besides You.”
    As for the saints who are in the earth,
    They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.
    The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied;
    I shall not pour out their drink offerings of blood,
    Nor will I take their names upon my lips.
    The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
    You support my lot.
    The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
    Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
    I will bless the LORD who has counseled me;
    Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
    I have set the LORD continually before me;
    Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
    Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
    My flesh also will dwell securely.
    For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
    Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
    You will make known to me the path of life;
    In Your presence is fullness of joy;
    In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Our Lord Jesus Christ could easily have prayed this prayer in the garden of Gethsemane before going to the cross. He speaks of His trust in the Lord above all things. He knows that the sacrifice of men is not enough to save them. We also see that there is a future hope with an inheritance and resurrection. Jesus is all throughout this message to us. We also see much that can be said true for us.  

There is no good besides Him. He is our cup and sweet blessing. He will not let us see decay; speaking of a future resurrection that began with Jesus. In His presence we will receive full joy and pleasure. 


Life takes us down plenty of different roads and many of them are not very easy, some are downright difficult. But there is something to capture here of importance, and I don’t want to miss it. In the Lord we will find everything we ever need. Ever given thought to that? I know it seems like an OT idea back in the day when people did not have all that we have now. But I realize none of the things we have now really matter either compared to the lasting riches that come from Him for eternity. 


Positioning yourself before the Lord in His presence could be something as simple as stopping in the middle of our busy work load and for even a minute, or 5 minutes, just remember who He is and how He loved you to the point of death on a cross to take away your sins. I know a lot of us get so many things to do throughout our days that it gets rather crazy. This Psalm is a good chance to just take in God and let other stuff fade away in the distance. We must remember that He is here to help us through all things. That is important and we cannot forget it. He is our portion, He is the one we need!

No comments: