Thursday, October 04, 2007

Psalm 17:1-3

It is almost getting cooler around here but still not yet. Seems to be taking its time which is okay. We would like to have it be warm during Avery's birthday party anyway. I still cant believe how fast the time goes. She is just going to fast. She looks so cute in little piggy tails too. 

-David

----------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 17:1-3

Hear a just cause, O LORD, give heed to my cry;
Give ear to my prayer, which is not from deceitful lips. 
Let my judgment come forth from Your presence;
Let Your eyes look with equity. 
You have tried my heart;
You have visited me by night;
You have tested me and You find nothing;
I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress. 

One of my greatest faults in life has always been my inability to keep my mouth shut. It seems that I get so used to talking and wanting to voice my own ideas, I do not always know when to be still. Proverbs is full of wisdom that should be followed in most cases; the wise men are those who keep their mouths shut. 

The heart is full of all the emotions and desires we store up throughout a lifetime. It is in the heart that we develop our ideas about life. Remember I said it is the heart that decides not to believe in God or to believe in Him. In the same way our heart gets us in trouble when our mouths forget to give everything to God and not allow sin to be released. 

Bitterness, anger, gossip, and so many other sins can be expressed through our tongues. This is why its important that the Lord works on our hearts, for that is where everything will begin. Once He is mastering our hearts, and our thoughts we are on the right path. So make it your purpose to speak only as though the Lord is speaking through you. Think about that even when you are alone. 

No comments: