Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Life of David

One year ago I set out on a journey through the book of Psalms, as King David has always been my favorite Biblical hero. Psalms is the longest book of the Bible so it does take some time to dig through, and when you want to go deep it takes even longer. My Word of Truth messages have always been centered on verse by verse commentaries of Scripture. It has been important for me to never leave anything out and go over even Scripture hard to understand, there are a lot of those.

I am now approaching Psalm 65, halfway through the book and so much has already been learned. David had such an extraordinary life and career. The lessons we learn from him are good for our teaching, wisdom, and help us to know how to relate to God better. He is a big God and knows our every need and want. He is able to do all things.

David dealt with himself throughout the Psalms, with his heart toward both God and people. He struggled over his personal issues, his sin, he hated the things which God hated. He was a man who from the beginning wanted to have a relationship with His Lord, and continued to seek God’s heart. There was never room for religion, no room for empty sacrifice. He had to be real with the Creator and Savior. David always put his heart out on the line, always had compassion, and was always real. Those things got him into trouble often as well.

Personally this past year has been a struggle. Undeniably God has had me in Psalms for the very reason they would help me through dark days and give me praise for the wonderful gifts He has given. Just like King David, I have had my moments, but they always end in praise. David could go into a great deal of poetic verse about the enemies and stress he felt, but there was always an end of praise and exultation in the Lord. He never knew what was ahead for Him, but He knew if He followed God with all His heart He would be safe. - I too Praise Him!

As for our personal progress reports: Miss Erin is up to 3'12 she gained 40 grams- almost to 4lbs hopefully this weekend and Mr. Kenneth is up to 5'3 he gained 24 grams, just looking at the positive for the day. Holly is going to bring them a colorful balloon for their beds this weekend to celebrate their growth plus being a month old coming up. Keep praying for Kenneth as his biggest problem is bradycardias. He is taking his feedings completely with a bottle now though. Miss Avery starts preschool next week! She meets her teacher today so that should go well, i hope. Thank you for your prayers. Keep them coming.-

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Great post, keep positive God is in charge. That said I know it’s hard especially with so much on your plate. it sounds like everything is actually going will with the babies it’s just going slow and if you’re like me waiting is not your strong suite but maybe that’s what God working on with you. I know that’s what God is working on with me and I'm struggling every step.