Thursday, September 02, 2010

Up close: David McDaniel

Up close: David McDaniel

If I had to rank my relationships and friends it is usually based on how they relate to God and how much love they have for the Word. Those whom I consider the closest and dearest are those who I have been able to share my life with and gain wisdom and insight. They say everyone comes into your life for a reason and we can and should grow from every encounter we have. So we should pursue friendship, social groups, and close bonds which can last for a lifetime.

Wednesday evenings at our Church we have a youth group, proudly bearing the name ‘Driven.’ It is a great group, wonderful worship, good leadership, and truly the place to hang out for all Jr. high to high school students, and your occasional adult who is there to bless the kids in any way possible. I am drawn to the youth as it brings up so many pleasant memories of my own high school youth group back in California. Water of Life had the youth group and the place to be every week for good time in the Word, and awesome worship. Also had a man who I have chosen to highlight in this issue of my ‘Up close’,

David McDaniel. David, or Dave, or little Dave as I call him has always been one of my heroes. Since I met him he has shown me what passion of Jesus is all about. I have watched him as he lead our group during the four years of high school, he struggled with the struggles of the kids and loved everyone of us. He displayed the kind of leadership you want to see out of a youth Pastor. He is hilarious as well. He always had the greatest stories to tell which would get you laughing hard, than he would hit you with some serious points which made you cry because the Holy Spirit would at that point being talking to you.

The Lord is greatly evidenced in people’s lives when they are truly selling themselves out to His service. Dave does just that. He left the Youth Group along with his family to pursue ministry in Japan with Discipleship training. He, his wife, and their three darling children all live in Japan now and are serving the Lord. Dave is a man who loves worshipping the Lord and spends all of his time introducing people to Jesus. The work he does is incredible and inspirational. Like so many great ministries, David and his family do live day by day by faith in the Lord to provide for their needs. Prayer is the most import thing, but if the Lord would call you to help further or you would just like to get to know them a little more. Here is the link to their webpage. David and his ministry to the people of Japan is a continual source of encouragement to me as he continues to reach out in the Name of Jesus to the lost.

http://web.mac.com/damare50/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

No comments: