Thursday, September 30, 2010

Psalm 66:16-20

Come and hear, all you who fear God, And I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear. But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me!

Psalm 66:16-20

Not too long ago the popular form of distance communication was a radio allowing only one person to talk at a time. You had to get out what you wanted to say and wait for the response of the other party. With the world changing so much, the invention of cell phones, emails, texts, we do not have as much a problem with lag time in conversation. It seems sometimes we are still living in the past because we will not quit making noise so we can just listen.

God wants us to be silent before Him, for He is both Holy and He wants to speak into our hearts. We have cried out with our hearts to Him, we have sought His face in the sanctuary. When we have not done these things we will soon notice we are missed. Too often the loudest and most troubling disturbance in our conversations with God is our own heart. We are the ones full of so much pride we lose sight of His Glory. We are so selfish we do not hear who He wants us to pray for. Our own sins in our own hearts cause too much interruption. And He is ever patient.

You are the workmanship of Jesus. He has made you and is forming you more and more so every day. Every trial, every circumstance, nothing comes your way without His command. Through His hands your life is filtered. Blessed is God who does listen to our prayers. Begin such prayers with the words of a humble heart, asking if there be anything in our lives hindering us from a fresh encounter, the Lord remove such problems. Come and hear.

No comments: