Monday, October 01, 2012

Psalm 119:153-160

Resh

153 Look upon my suffering and rescue me,
for I have not forgotten your instructions.
154 Argue my case; take my side!
Protect my life as you promised.
155 The wicked are far from rescue,
for they do not bother with your decrees.
156 Lord, how great is your mercy;
let me be revived by following your regulations.
157 Many persecute and trouble me,
yet I have not swerved from your laws.
158 Seeing these traitors makes me sick at heart,
because they care nothing for your word.
159 See how I love your commandments, Lord.
Give back my life because of your unfailing love.
160 The very essence of your words is truth;
all your just regulations will stand forever.
Psalm 119:153-160

The Psalmist cries out for Lord to withdraw us from trouble and turn against our enemies with a sword of vengeance. He is not just a God who shelters us from danger, He is the God who fights for us. Everyone is in a battle against the darkness of this world, against the flaws of the flesh. With the power of the Holy Spirit we are equipped to find ourselves in the middle of his arms during the battle.

He does command us to fight though, with the Word of Truth as our sword. The Battle is the Lord’s yes, but we are called to run toward this battle anxious to bring glory to the Lord. He does not call his people to fight battles of the flesh, as some religions might, He knows there is a spiritual battlefield all around us, and the fight is for our souls.

Take into consideration the power and work of the Holy Spirit in your life. He is there to act on our sides daily, in the battle for our souls and eternity. Once we have accepted Christ we are good and secure forever because of His blood. However there is still a problem, we become dangerous tools the hands of the Almighty God when we trust Him to work through us. The powers of the enemy will wage war against us simply because of who we follow. So prepare yourself with the study of the Word, put yourself safely in the secure arms of the Father, and face the battle ahead.

No comments: