Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Word of Truth - Psalm 119:169-176

Taw
169 O Lord, listen to my cry;
give me the discerning mind you promised.
170 Listen to my prayer;
rescue me as you promised.
171 Let praise flow from my lips,
for you have taught me your decrees.
172 Let my tongue sing about your word,
for all your commands are right.
173 Give me a helping hand,
for I have chosen to follow your commandments.
174 O Lord, I have longed for your rescue,
and your instructions are my delight.
175 Let me live so I can praise you,
and may your regulations help me.
176 I have wandered away like a lost sheep;
come and find me,
for I have not forgotten your commands.
Psalm 119:169-176
Where are you today? You might be just about anywhere and feeling as far away from God and His Word as possible. Even if you don’t, even if you still study and are focused on keeping up your devotional life, this Psalm is still for you. It’s a reminder to us to keep the Word above all else in this life. Nothing else in the Bible is put higher than the Word, not grace, mercy, the Spirit, only the Word.
Pray the Psalmists prayer, that those things which He has promised will come to pass and you will find the insights promised. May everyday be a new fresh encounter with His message for you! Sometimes it will be something you say to someone else in passing, or a thought which comes to your head, but it is really the Holy Spirit. These are the things to write down, take note of, and remember for your life.
He is the Shepherd and He is heading out to take care of His sheep. Those who are lost will be found, those who are His will hear His voice. A child can hear their parents voice on the playground despite the chaos of noises all around. A child who knows the voice of the Father will also hear, any moment of any day. The more we develop a passion and longing for the Word, the closer we become to knowing Him.

No comments: