Saturday, October 14, 2006

This is my last weekend before Avery's birthday and the nesting has really kicked in. Suddenly we are struck with this amazing realization that we are going to be parents now and all of the ideas and theories we had will be out the window on how to parent. Learning from day one will be the key and of course our little one will give us a lot to learn. We just can't wait as you can tell. We keep thinking she will come before her due date, or induction day i should say. But i think she is pretty content where she is at. We have just been doing some house maintaince today getting last minute things ready. There is still much to do but i can get some stuff done on my day off this week as we prepare for her arrival. Wow what a thought. You know it has been about seven years since my wife and I first met. Actually it was through an email.

In November of 1999 Holly sent me an email because she sound my name through a Yahoo friends search. I think I was the only boy around her age and we had the common interest of both liking the Left Behind Novels. We got into the emailing and chatting online back and forth and finally met in December of 2000 in person. Of course i did ask her out first back in August of that same year. After several trips back and forth I asked her to marry me in December of 2001. Then after even more trips around to see each other we were married in June of 2003. Now here we are in Oct of 2006 and our little Avery is going to be born to us any moment. So madly in love with my wife and so ready to be a Father. I pray the Lord will give us strength and wisdom in all the areas we need as we press ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a good testimony. Never really knew how you two met. Will be praying today for your health and safety ...