Wednesday, October 18, 2006

With the final snap in place the last of the needed baby items is complete. We now have the pack and play together which is a play pen\changing table\bassinett all in one. Pretty neat item too. Along with the other things we already have. Now we just awaite baby and hope to get through today as quick as possible. Of course there will be much excitment tommorw.
Todays word from the Bible i read was Psalm 17:18, "Keep me as the apple of the eye;
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings"
The Psalmist knew what it meant to cherish something with absolute devotion and love. Within the midst of this love there is protection and security. This verse speaks to the awesome presence of the Lord and how He sees His children. Perhaps I will understand even more when I first hold onto my new baby girl and look into her eyes. From that moment on, if not already, she will be the apple of my eye. There would be nothing I would not do to show my love and to protect her. It is the same kind of feeling you have when getting married but so much more intense and powerful as well. Realize something beloved, the Lord loves each one of us in this way and even more. He holds us like a Father holding onto a new baby. He keeps us as the apple of His eye forever.

I look forward to that as does my wife and truly this is a gift from God and to Him be the glory for this new creation and thanks for allowing us to have her in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know we are praying for you guys today!