Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Cheerios on the floor

Today I have a short message and a verse, as always I try to go with my heart for what God wants to say. It has been a busy summer and now it’s the fall. I know it is hard to believe how quickly all the time goes, I love watching our little girl grow. Thank you for sharing these happy times with us and being prayerful for us. Be blessed today

David

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheerios are on the kitchen floor, on the living room floor, and even on the bathroom floor. Clearly we have a toddler who likes to get around, and also enjoys her snack food from time to time. Adorable and wonderful little girl too, those little pieces of food to snack on are her favorite thing to enjoy for all those moments in between her own little adventures.

Our Bible speaks of the Word of God as food several times throughout the prophets and writings. Just like my daughters cheerios it is to be savored in our hearts and enjoyed throughout the day. In so many countries the Word is forbidden and even illegal. People are thrown into prison because of its message. That message is one that so many Churches do not even talk much about. The King is on His way and when He comes He will overthrow evil and reign.

Avery teaches me something new every day, and sometimes it’s easy to let those life lessons be forgotten, just as easy as it is to toss aside a little piece of honey nut grain. But the Lord does not want us to treat His Word like that. He wants us to carry it with us wherever we go, and treasure it in our hearts with our very lives. The message is regarding our Lord and His desire for us to be with Him. The best way to get there is by being with Him in His word.

Your words were found, and I ate them,
And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;
For I am called by Your name,
O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

No comments: