Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Psalm 9:13-20

I had a good 26th birthday, of course the best part is seeing a card that says 'to daddy'. There couldn’t be anything more wonderful. Such a gift from the Father! I hope you had a good day today as well my friend.
Blessings

David

--------------------------------------------------
  Be gracious to me, O LORD;
        See my affliction from those who hate me,
        You who lift me up from the gates of death, 
    That I may tell of all Your praises,
        That in the gates of the daughter of Zion
        I may rejoice in Your salvation. 
    The nations have sunk down in the pit which they have made;
        In the net which they hid, their own foot has been caught. 
    The LORD has made Himself known;
        He has executed judgment.
        In the work of his own hands the wicked is snared. Higgaion Selah. 
    The wicked will return to Sheol,
        Even all the nations who forget God. 
    For the needy will not always be forgotten,
        Nor the hope of the afflicted perish forever. 
    Arise, O LORD, do not let man prevail;
        Let the nations be judged before You. 
    Put them in fear, O LORD;
        Let the nations know that they are but men. Selah.
Psalm 9:13-20

I drove home today in what seemed to be the aftermath of a storm, though I don’t remember it raining. Everyday year on my birthday I wait to see what the Lord will do, because He always shows up, especially on those days when we celebrate life. As I rounded the turn on the highway, while listening to a Christian song singing about the mercy and love of God, right in front of me was a bright rainbow in the cloud. The sun was just low enough to cast its light toward the dark clouds to bring out the most beautiful display. 

This sight not only was just another way for God to remind me of His presence, it also made me think about this world, and Psalm nine as it reflects on mankind’s position compared to God Almighty. God brought judgment on the nations of the world with a flood but gave the rainbow as a sign of hope to man that in Him alone there is safety. In a world that is centered around the wants of the individual, we forget who we are and who we are meant to be. 

Man is nothing without God, for He gave us the breath of life that makes us who we are. Our creativity, our explorative nature, our personality come from Him. He made us to live and worship Him, and love Him. In the midst of all the things going on in life, he reminds us through the simple and beautiful things that He made us and wants to give us life, in abundance.

No comments: