Monday, September 17, 2007

Psalm 9:8-12

Avery turns 11 months old the day after tomorrow. That is hard to believe. She is still working on walking around when she feels like showing off. But she crawls when she needs to. I love having my wife and baby girl home, it was lonely around here without them. 
Be blessed by the Word my friend. And keep praying. 

-----------------------------------------------------
And He will judge the world in righteousness;
        He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity. 
The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed,
        A stronghold in times of trouble; 
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You,
        For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. 
Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion;
        declare among the peoples His deeds. 
For He who requires blood remembers them;
        He does not forget the cry of the afflicted.
Psalm 9:8-12

Sometimes I stumble over my God when it comes to His nature as both a judge and redeemer. The same Holy Lord that must judge my sin, also did the ultimate and paid for my salvation. I expect that while looking over my life, there are more than enough things that make me guilty before such a God. Yet, it is Him and His love that covers me.

My world teaches that I should have a place for myself to stand, because the only way to be safe is to keep my eyes on my own position. That is about as dangerous as running through a mine field with a blindfold. I know better, and my trust must never be on my own ability. 

How great a God we serve, that is both a judge over wickedness and a redeemer of all mankind. He requires blood sacrifice and then becomes the first and the last to die for sin. Once and for all, paid for in completion, in that truth we trust. His Word is hope and life for eternity.

No comments: