Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Path of writing

I find life almost too interesting not to write it down. Unfortunately all too often by the time I have an opportunity to sit down quietly, my memory refuses to give up such interesting details. I wonder if this is the case for everyone who ever faces writers block or if it is just me. Stories, ideas, thoughts, all come to our minds throughout the day and if we do not log or store such things correctly they disappear into our brain.

My history with story writing goes back to the days of elementary school when I would spend time over at my friend’s house working on stories about action hero’s and fantasy worlds. In junior high I created my own super hero squad and called it Dino Force. Instead of writing though I turned the whole thing into a radio program. By the end I had created over a hundred monsters and twenty-four cassette albums full of my crime fighting hero adventures. Sadly both the tapes and the monsters have since been tossed. But I can remember just fine, even though it was almost twenty years ago.
As an adult now the devotion to writing has taken a back seat to other responsibilities. Even so its good to sit down and develop characters, write stories, find new ways to tell ancient tales. Most of my writing now is centered more so around devotional scriptures. What I call the Word of Truth devotional began back in high school and has matured me as much as it has matured itself.

Constantly I am running into new things to learn, new books to study, people who get to know. My whole life has just been one life lesson after another, as I am sure all of us can say the same. It is the wise ones who see life has a pathway of knowledge and understanding. All of this is why I feel I will make an excellent teacher someday. I love the course of learning and showing others new exciting things. I look forward to what the story that God is writing on my life will look like.  

No comments: