Thursday, September 27, 2012

Psalm 119:145-152


Qoph

145 I pray with all my heart; answer me, Lord!
I will obey your decrees.
146 I cry out to you; rescue me,
that I may obey your laws.
147 I rise early, before the sun is up;
I cry out for help and put my hope in your words.
148 I stay awake through the night,
thinking about your promise.
149 In your faithful love, O Lord, hear my cry;
let me be revived by following your regulations.
150 Lawless people are coming to attack me;
they live far from your instructions.
151 But you are near, O Lord,
and all your commands are true.
152 I have known from my earliest days
that your laws will last forever.
Psalm 119:145-152

We cannot do this without the Lord. Sure we can read the words of the Scripture; study them, memorize them even, but without the Spirit there is nothing. Thankfully we know the Word of God is alive and active and even when we not knowing what is being read, our hearts will still devour the message. Maybe the truth will not make itself known right this moment, but be aware its presence will be made known to you.

Just sit and listen to the heart felt prayer of the Psalmist as he expresses his deepest and dearest devotion to the Lord. His passion for the Word and commands of God is made evident throughout the Psalm, and even here we can feel his heart. God knows our hearts too, and it does not matter how short or long our prayers are as long as they come from a sincere heart.
God is going to be faithful to you in this life, He promised to never leave you or forsake you. But we will be plunged into dark times and difficult circumstances. All great things come through crisis points. The Bible is full of God working through difficulties. We live in a flawed world, surrounded by flawed people, but our God is perfect and His ways are perfect. We want to bring glory to him, but who are we to tell him how our lives should bring Him glory? Give up the desires and passions you have had, and allow Him to give you a new desire and passion to serve Him in extraordinary ways every day.

No comments: