Thursday, September 20, 2012

Psalm 119:105-112


I got a little mixed up on which verse we were on yesterday, you can blame it on my age, or just maybe the Lord wanted to speak to you with that specific passage. Tell me about it, if the Lord is speaking to you, i would love to hear what He has to say.
David
-----------------------Nun
105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.
106 I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again:
I will obey your righteous regulations.
107 I have suffered much, O Lord;
restore my life again as you promised.
108 Lord, accept my offering of praise,
and teach me your regulations.
109 My life constantly hangs in the balance,
but I will not stop obeying your instructions.
110 The wicked have set their traps for me,
but I will not turn from your commandments.
111 Your laws are my treasure;
they are my heart’s delight.
112 I am determined to keep your decrees
to the very end.

Psalm 119:105-112

Imagine you are walking down a dark hallway, or even worse a mountain path. I can remember ages ago when I was at summer camp, enjoying the peaceful time with God and friends. The hour would get late and the lights of the campground were hardly helpful when trying to find your way back to your tents. All most of us had was a flashlight to use in the dark. Now no matter how well the campgrounds try to mark their trails, there is just no easy way to avoid every rock and every hold the oncoming ground has to offer. One step at a time with the light is the only way to make it home. So the Word is a light for our path in life.
Life is going to be full of rocky mountain terrains in its own way. You will have to focus one moment by moment and not attempt to take the whole path at running pace. I believe God’s desire is to allow us the chance to trip, so we keep remembering to focus on Him. It can be easy to get cocky and think we are moving along just fine, we don’t need help. Its right then when a trap has been set and we walk right into trouble. Remember then the path in this world is dark, and though you may be traveling with the light there is danger ahead at every turn. But by the guidance of God’s Word we will find our way home every time.
 

No comments: