Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Working on 32


Life is a journey or so they seem to remind us every chance they get. Every road you walk down is a new path of experience and insight, slowly molding you into the person you will become. Yesterday I celebrated the birth of myself 31 years ago, this means I am really on my 32nd year of life! Has a different feeling when you put it in such a way. My life’s journey has been quite the adventure so far, maybe not as exciting as some worldwide travelers, but when God is in control everything is interesting.

Overall it was another excellent birthday. My wife thinks I am way to conceited when it comes to my own day, and maybe in a way I am. Though at this point even if I attempted to change that image, would it even be possible. Are we stuck portraying a role in which we have already been so well known? Maybe, but I am okay with my day. It was a great day of spending time with my kids, ending with Jurassic Park, a cookie cake, and some fun presents. I always enjoy spending time with my family, its an important thing to focus on while they are young more than anything.

As we approach the day anew I ask myself how I am going to be a better father, better husband, more devoted believer. I have had a great time being a stay at home dad for the past two years, and its been a growing experience running a daycare. Overall God has been working daily on every area of me that He sees change needed. He works from the inside out. I am thankful for my wonderful family and for a new year ahead for us all.

No comments: