Saturday, August 18, 2007

Psalm 5:4-8

I finally went out and rented the latest Teenage Mutant Turtle Movie this week. And it was actually pretty fun to watch, glad I didn’t bother seeing it in the theater, but still enjoyed it just the same. Reminds me of childhood and how much fun I am going to have with Avery as she grows up. Speaking of transformers, I just have to get one of those Bumble bee cars. Anyway enough of that for the morning, let’s get to the Word. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness,
        Nor shall evil dwell with You.
The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
        You hate all workers of iniquity.
You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
        The LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man. 
        
But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy;
        In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
        Make Your way straight before my face.
Psalm 5:4-8

Remember what position you are able to stand in the presence of the Lord Most High my friend. It is not upright boldly shoulder to shoulder with the Almighty, or even hunched over with awe. We stand by mercy and reverence before His throne. It is through mercy that we can come to Him and seek His help. For we are sinners by nature, and only through His Son have we any ability to stand.

Our world is full of wickedness, it plagues our streets worse every year. Sin even lingers inside of us from time to time but we must pray the Holy Spirit fills us and removes all rebellion in our heart. I have often realized my greatest enemy against me having a relationship with the Father, is me. I get in the way more than anyone ever could because of my own free will. Praise the Lord that it is by His own grace and work that I can stand before Him.

No comments: