Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Psalm 7:1-5

Having my parents out for this past week has been great. We had a lot of fun and of course Avery loved every minute of it. I love spending time with family and friends, it is always a joy. We look forward to our next trip to CA in December. For now we have a lot ahead of us with the Fall approaching and many things on our plate. Pray the Lord keeps my parents safe as they drive home today and tomorrow. Thank you my friend for sharing with us in the Word daily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 7:1-5
A Meditation of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite.

O LORD my God, in You I put my trust;
        Save me from all those who persecute me;
        And deliver me,
Lest they tear me like a lion,
        Rending me in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
       
O LORD my God, if I have done this:
        If there is iniquity in my hands,
If I have repaid evil to him who was at peace with me,
        Or have plundered my enemy without cause,
Let the enemy pursue me and overtake me;
        Yes, let him trample my life to the earth,
        And lay my honor in the dust.  Selah

Lets be sure our hearts are pure when we come before the Lord with our requests. Would you listen to a friend plead their case if you knew they had their own guilt and did not acknowledge it as their own? Of course not, and the Lord will not put up with that sort of prayer or request. We must first come to the Lord humbly, seeking Him in all we do and request.

David in this Psalm is pleading to the Lord regarding the persecution he received from King Saul. Saul was pushing hard against David because he himself had been rejected as King over Israel by the Lord and the anointing was going to be placed on David. The Psalm speaks of Saul as a Lion, which occurs in more than one place in David’s writings. Biblically we see the lion as a symbol of the devil who seeks to devour us at any moment.

David wants to be sure when He comes to the Lord of Righteousness, that he remembers his own sin and heart. Just as he did, we must come to the Lord with an attitude of humility and full mercy. Approach the Lord knowing it is only through His Son, Jesus Christ we have any access to Him. Then praise Him that we do at any moment of the day have the ability to go to Him, and He will hear us when we seek Him with all our heart.

No comments: