Friday, August 17, 2007

Psalm 5:1-3

Give ear to my words, O LORD,
        Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
        My King and my God,
        For to You I will pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD;
        In the morning I will direct it to You,
        And I will look up.
Psalm 5:1-3

    We are the Lord’s sheep and His is our Great Shepherd. Sheep are best fed in the morning before anything else begins in the day, this is always the time to make sure they start out right. It should be the same with us, feeding on the Word of God, meditating on Him and His ways. He will hear our voice anytime during the day, but it is very hard for us to hear His.

    Life gets busy, and schedules only intensify as we get older. Putting off time with the Lord only will cost is more in the end. He desires for us to meet with Him, but will not force it on us. He does give us subtle hints throughout the day that he is listening. And not a day goes by that he doesn’t ask us if we trust Him. Who else would we rather trust?

    As King, David had plenty of responsibilities to the Kingdom, but more importantly to God. It is good for us to keep the Lord as the focus of our hearts in all things we do, for He reigns over us and is our Savior. Think about Him and what He is doing in your life. Look up and pray.

No comments: